Cardiology Expert Services - Cardiology Expert of the Year
Dr Kelly was appointed Consultant cardiologist (interventional and general cardiology) at Royal Derby Hospital in 2011.
• Cardiology lead for Derbyshire Integrated Care Board, NHSE 2022-
• British Cardiovascular Society Guideline and Practice Committee
• British Cardiovascular Intervention Society ACS Research group
• Clinical Director of Specialist Medicine UHDB 2018-
• Clinical Lead for Cardiology UHDB 2015-2018
• Chair, NHSE East Midlands Cardiovascular advisory group 2016-
Dr Kelly specializes in Interventional Cardiology (coronary angioplasty and stenting or Percutaneous Coronary Intervention, PCI) and all aspects of general cardiology including heart attack and angina.
Dr Kelly provides expert reports across the range of adult cardiology. He writes around 25 medico-legal reports for civil medicolegal cases per year, with a split of; 50% claimant, 40% defendant and 10% as joint expert.
Reports can be prepared on:
Breach of Duty
Condition and prognosis
Fitness for trial
Attendance at court
Feedback has been excellent and he receives regular instruction from a number of solicitors. He understands the importance of availability and prompt communication and is happy to assist by providing initial free-of-charge discussion about cases by email or telephone. He can provide completed reports within 6 weeks of instruction.