Safety 4 HEd LLP - Health and Safety Expert of the Year
Vincent Theobald-Vega is a dynamic health and safety expert with over 30 years experience in many sectors, including working as an HSE Inspector (1989 to 1999) and Head of Safety for Newcastle University (2002-2012). Currently a freelance consultant and expert witness as part of Safety 4 HEd LLP.
Vincent had undertaken hundreds of substantial investigations, in both criminal (prosecution and defence) and civil work. Cases include the first HSE prosecution to lead directly to imprisonment for a health and safety matter, and, more recently, the successful defence in an HSE prosecution in Newcastle Crown Court.
Safety 4 HEd LLP undertake Civil and Criminal work (including legal aid cases). Most cases with a three to four week turnround once the case file has been provided. Where this is not able to be achieved, a realistic estimate of the time needed will be provided.
Cases cover many industries and include: work with asbestos; construction safety; education and research; launch new products; accidents investigation; biological safety matters such (including high-hazard pathogens and genetic modification work).
Free initial outline consultations provided.
In addition to the Lawyer Monthly Expert Witness awards 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018 and 2017. Other selected awards include:
• 2021 – Federation of Forensic and Expert Witness
• 2021 – Corporate International Global Awards
• 2021 & 2020 – M&A Today Global Awards
• 2020 – Global Law Experts Award
• 2020, 2019 and 2018 – Lawyer International Legal 100
• 2020 – International Specialist Business Award
For a full list, visit safety4hed.co.uk/awards/
Key memberships and listings include:
• Fellow of the International Institute of Risk and Safety Management
• Fellow of the Royal Society for Public Health
• Chartered Member of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health
• Member of the Health and Safety Lawyers Association
• Listed in the Occupational Safety and Health Consultants Register
• Listed in the UK Register of Expert Witnesses